According to a recent study, conducted by Harris Poll on behalf of ClickSoftware, which polled 2,051 U.S. adults, they’re mad!Take a look at these stats.
Due to their frustrations around poor customer service:
- 35% of those surveyed said they have cancelled their service or stopped using that brand altogether.
- 72% said that their frustrations have prompted them to ask for a supervisor
- 10% have yelled at customer reps
- 13% have taken to social media to express their dissatisfaction
- 6% of customers have lied to get better or faster service
- 3% have begged
- 3% have shed real or fake tears in dealing with a service rep
Those are some very unhappy insights.
What frustrates customers the most?
- 44% put waiting for a service rep at the top of their list
- 43% said being put on hold with the rep their number-one frustration
- 38% said their frustration stemmed from feeling that service representatives didn’t know how to fix problems
- 35% of U.S. adults say among the most frustrating things is a service rep who doesn’t understand their problems
- 32% become frustrated when they have to call back because the problem wasn’t fixed the first time
- 21% said that their frustration stems from billing issues
- 12% said that they are most frustrated when trying to schedule an appointment
All of this unhappiness, frustration and dissatisfaction is causing businesses to lose Americans $100 billion annually. Say what? Imagine what they could do if it was injected into the economy?
Don’t be a statistic – either from a consumer perspective, or a company perspective. As a business, you never want to cause your customers this much frustration, so make sure you don’t!
Empower your agents to know and have access to the right answers, the first time. Use the data contained in your current customer calls to leverage and build a better customer experience by identifying any of the issues outlined above, which are causing so much frustration for your customers, and eliminate these pain points.
Using speech analytics technology will get you there.
Contact us to learn how, and to take a free online demo of our affordable cloud-based solution.
Happy customers make happy businesses – and that makes the world go round!
Read the full Harris Poll/ClickSoftware results.