This is an interesting use-case of an automotive dealer who is successful at using call recording speech analytics technology to identify areas where they need improvement; what are callers looking for, how many calls do they get related to financing, what percent of their inbound calls are due to customer complaints, and what pricing strategies are their competitors using to lure customers.
Here is a quick summary of the success:
1. Improved ROI
- Checks the tracking reports monthly and focuses on the number of incoming calls, as well as the duration of the calls.
- Monitors unique callers to measure the success of the various creative used in the TV campaign.
“Each month, we consult the call tracking metrics to monitor the number of calls that come into the Sales department, and we can tie those calls, and resulting sales, back to the TV campaign using the data to prove the source of the call,” says the auto dealer.
2. Extracted Customer Intelligence
Searches within CallFinder, the recording and call analytics platform, are set to categorize calls by departments in the dealership, such as Sales and Financing, and by advertising strategy, such as TV and Direct Mail. CallFinder has helped the dealer:
- Automatically categorize the calls the dealership receives each month related to customers’ personal finance issues, price inquiries during “out the door” promotions, general price inquiries, and calls generated by specific media efforts the dealership has invested in.
- Identify trends in what callers are looking for, such as new vs. used cars, complaints about vehicles or the service department, the source of incoming calls, mentions of competitors, and questions on financing.
- Uncover actionable data to adjust ad campaigns and pricing strategies to stay relevant in the market.
3. Improved Efficiency and Profitability
“With CallFinder set up to automatically scan and categorize our incoming calls, we are able to monitor trends in the market that are driving people to call our store, we can monitor for mentions of our competitors and pricing differences, and we have a good indication of the percentage of calls that are driven by our advertising investments,” Benton explains.
Request a demo of CallFinder’s speech analytics solution to learn more about how this technology can help you gain customer intelligence, marketing intelligence, and improve workforce performance.